Sunday, September 2, 2012

Weekly Challenge #84: Blind Sighted

I had fun with this challenge this week.  I'm too late to the game to submit my tile (deadline is Saturday), but figured I would post my progress for the heck of it anyway. 

The challenge entails drawing a Zentangle(R) string with your eyes closed, and then working with it.  As you can see, my string went off the page a few times as I did these in my sketchbook.  

The first one is interesting.  There is a lot of white space, but I didn't want to add more.  I like it from both right-side-up and upside-down viewpoints.  =)

  

upside-down.

right-side-up.



I improvised a lot with this one!

You can participate at:  http://iamthedivaczt.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

  1. In the first tile I think....less is more! I love how it is a simple design that looks so elegant! I am so glad you didn't add more because it is fantastic! I love your approach to all three tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely examples and I particularly like the first one, it is so light and airy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to thank those who left a comment this week. I appreciate your kind remarks and encouragement. I am new to Zentangle and learning on the fly, mostly through the weekly challenges - which is why I participate. I'm not an artist, nor have I ever considered myself to have artistic talent, but I'm learning by participating. Feedback really helps. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete