Saturday, September 29, 2012

Diva Challenge #88: Official Tangle: IX

I started this tangle at the beginning of the week, but it appears as though I'm fighting off the seasonal cold or allergies, so I didn't really have a chance to work on it much.  I did most of it today, while waiting for my car to be serviced at the dealership.  Each week, I try something new.  This week, I tried my hand at a "defined string".  I think I kinda like it.  IX, on the other hand, is not all that new to me.  I did try it s.e.v.e.r.a.l. times when it was first introduced, and I really just couldn't get the hang of it.  This time around, I think I made some improvement.  Also, I decided to "draw outside the lines" in past Diva challenge fashion.  Not sure if I like it here; I'm on the fence about it.   

Additionally, I was inspired by "soda bubbles" at our office pizza party yesterday, and that is reflected here, as well.  Speaking of pizza, I picked one up after I left the dealership and waited a few minutes for it.  I decided to sit at a table near the cash register to put some finishing touches on this week's challenge.  The very nice young lady behind the register complemented my tangle saying that she thought my "artwork" was "lovely".  Artwork????  Not bad!!....considering that I'm really feeling under the weather and I think it shows in this week's challenge submission.   

Thanks for visiting!  Have a great week!

All the best,
kp


11 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love it. It reminds me of a butterfly for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In spite of your cold, you managed to make a beautiful tile! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KP, it is ARTWORK! And a great piece at that! I like how you handled IX, all swirly and groovy, looks wonderful-and I love your soda bubbles, too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, thank you so much, Dawn! You are just too sweet! I appreciate your kind words!

      Delete
  4. Love the way IX creeps out of the string. I agree with the lady, it is beautiful and it is artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the string and the flow of your patterning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. Nice to meet you. I'm Kota from Japan. ^^/ Wooow, nice and informative blog you have! I'm a member of The Fountain Pen Network. And I have my own YouTube channel about fountain pens, organizers, film cameras, and so on. If you have time, please take a look at the videos. I hope you'll enjoy watching them! I'm looking forward to your new post!! Have a good day. Kota Adachi

    ReplyDelete