Sunday, September 2, 2012

It's Autumn. Time to Celebrate Encre Havane!

I just love the "old" Waterman brown, otherwise known as Waterman Havana.  Recently, Waterman rebranded its iconic ink line with new labels and new names, but claimed that the actual ink colors themselves were not altered at all.

Waterman Havana is my favorite brown ink.  I'm not a brown ink lover, and I have very few brown inks in my stash.  I enjoy this one so much that I purchased an extra bottle of it when the new branding was announced.  I have not yet tried the new "version" of Waterman's brown, now known as "Absolute Brown", but from what I can see from swab samples at Goulet Pen Company, they seem to be the same.  

I find Havana to be beautifully rich in tone.  It displays nice shading properties in that it shades, but not too much, giving it a dignified nature.  I find it to dry pretty fast on most papers.  A little slower on Rhodia, though (used here).  I find the flow to be somewhat dry.  It works very well in my Sheaffer Targa which is a super wet writer.  






Waterman Havana reminds me of the reddish-brown coat of horses.  (But that's just me!)  "Brayd"; drawn with LAMY Vista/EF nib.
I am still working on this one, but thought I might post anyway.  "Mooka" with a cruffle in the middle. Drawn with LAMY Vista/EF.




I purchased this bottle at JetPens.com.

2 comments:

  1. I just cleaned a bunch of pens and inked up a few autumnal colors myself! Great minds! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was curious today about what you might be inking for Autumn, too! I guess we must be on the same wavelength or something. =)

      Delete